Monday, August 26, 2013

The Ride


So, this is happening.

This kid.  Kindergarten.

I don't even know how to feel about this.  Since I noticed his quirkiness, and got a name for it back when he was two, I feel like I've been on a roller coaster ride that leads up to this point.  I know the ride isn't going to end, of course, but I feel so much weight put on this year ahead.  Like this is what I've been working toward: the Big Test.  I am simultaneously proud, excited, anxious, nervous, sad, weepy, terrified, confused, grateful and sick to my stomach all at the same time.

I'm gonna keep hanging on for the ride.  The progress is always forward, and there is no stopping us now.

But, geez, little guy, could you stop growing up so fast??

2 comments:

  1. You will be amazed at what he shows you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Yes! (and yikes. I'm weepy today at my part-time low-key work, I hope you are doing okay in the SAME BUILDING!) Wow. Kindergarteners!

    ReplyDelete