Sunday, March 13, 2011

Overheard #2, parts a.) and b.)

Part a.) - Breakfast for Dinner

Family: God is Great, God is Good, Let us thank Him for our food.  Amen
Dan: I am thankful that Lindi, Azalea and baby Ave came over to play with us today.
Aidan: I am thankful for the whole fun day!
Me: I am thankful for chocolate chip pancakes and my guitar spatula. (Aidan and I were listening to Led Zeppelin, Houses of the Holy, while making pancakes.  And yes, I have a guitar shaped spatula.  Today was the first day I realized its full potential.  Who needs Guitar Hero?)
Dan: Rowan, what are you thankful for?
Rowan: I WANT MORE BACON!
Dan: Please?
Rowan: More bacon, please?
(Dan gives him bacon.)
Me: Rowan, what are you thankful for?
Rowan: Bacon.

Part b.) - Aidan is helpful

Me: Aidan, how does it feel that you were so helpful tonight?
Aidan: Hmm.....proud.
M: I just want to tell you, that no matter what, I love you.  But when you are so extra helpful to me like you were tonight, it makes my heart feel so warm and happy and full of love for you.  You really helped me today, and made my day so much easier.
A: (pauses....) My throat feels like it's going to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment